DineInOut was founded in 2000 with the goal of creating a restaurant directory with menus for destinations
in the United States, Caribbean and Mexico. We wanted users to be able to access restaurant information and offers
via computer before they traveled or while at their destination using a web-enabled mobile phone or PDA.
The goal of any directory is to allow you to easily find the information. The DineInOut
websites are designed to answer the following questions with a minumum amount of hassle.
- What restaurants are in my area, near my hotel or near a sporting event?
- What items are on the menu and how much do they cost?
- What credit cards do they accept?
- What restaurant specials or coupons are available?
Our online directory is organized by city and neighborhood to help you find a place to eat. A DineInOut neighborhood
is defined as a concentration of restaurants in a particular city. Sample neighborhoods are:
- Pike Place Market (popular area in downtown Seattle Washington)
- Old Town Scottsdale (the historic district in Scottsdale Arizona)
- Little Italy (the place to go for authentic Italian food in Manhattan, New York)
- China Town (the largest chinatown outside Asia in San Francisco California)
If you know your way around town, click on the city, then neighborhood name to display the
restaurants in that area. If you are new to the area, you can find restaurants near your
hotel or event by clicking the city, then the Lodging or Attractions links.
No Registration Required
The DineInOut website does not require consumers to register to use our site. Other online restaurant guides
are advertised as FREE but require you to register to access their content. We feel that this is NOT FREE
because it requires that the user remember another set of passwords and subject themselves
to being sent unsolicited mail (SPAM) from the site or their affiliates.
No Banner Advertisements / Popups
The DineInOut website does not have banner or popup advertisements. Although banner advertisements and popups
can be a good source of revenue, we feel that is severly detracts from the aesthetics, use and performance of
website. The DineInOut directory is supported by restaurants that subscribe to be included in the directory.